Sunday, November 16, 2014

Snap Hoop Monster

Today, I decided to do some machine embroidery, not my most favorite thing to do. I usually do my embroidery design using Floriani Total Control software. The software is great but it is PC based, since I have been a Mac user since 1986 using PC software can be a chore. I can use Floriani Total Control because I have Parallels 9 installed which allows my Mac to act like a PC. So I deal with the stress of “using” a PC and get my design exported to my Bernina thumb drive. Now, it is time to go to my sewing room. My new Horn electric lift got my Bernina 780 to the proper height effortlessly and I now store my embroidery module in the new Koala cabinet, so now it is easy to get my embroidery module. Just to make things interesting, I decided to try 2 new products. When I was at the Houston Quilt Festival, I stopped at the Wonderful booth and I learned a new use for Wonder Guards. I was told you can use Wonder Guards on the embroidery thread spool, so I tried them and they worked great. The second new thing I tried was the Snap Hoop Monster. The Snap Hoop made hooping my fabric quite easy, sure did not have to deal with tightening the screw on the Bernina hoop. So my embroidery is now finished, just have to put all the embroidered units together to make a wall hanging.

Snap Hoop Monster

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how all of this looks, Phyl! That Snap Hoop Monster sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyl, I would like to "talk" to you regarding the Snap Hoop. Could you email me please at ? I have a 780.
    Dorothy Smith New Zealand. Apols if this come up twice!

    ReplyDelete