Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Houston International Quilt Festival

I flew to Houston last Wednesday and spent 5 wonderful days at the Houston International Quilt Festival with Sandy, my quilt buddy from Henderson Nevada. This year was the 40th year anniversary of the festival which was celebrated with a special red and white quilt exhibit "Ruby Jubilee!"

Courtesy V Mangum and C Messimer

I took a class with Nancy Eha, Bead-Dazzling Embroidery Interpretations. Nancy is an excellent teacher and I learned many beading techniques.
We used printed stitch templates which are carefully removed after stitching. I did not remove paper on my stitching sample.

Nancy Eha class sample
Of course, Sandy and I spent many enjoyable hours walking the 20 long aisle of vendors, 1000 vendors in one place is quilter's paradise. There were so many unique products, many not available at local quilt shops. I was especially happy to find some beautiful variegated size 5 pearl cotton threads made in South Africa imported by akonye ken and some beautiful linen fabric and hand made buttons from l'Atelier d'Isabelle These are just some of the things I purchased.

Houston Quilt show

No comments:

Post a Comment