Sunday, November 23, 2014

Destination Creativity

Friday and Saturday, Sandy, my quilting buddy from Henderson Nevada, attended Destination Creativity. The 2 day event, hosted by the Bernina Connection, included four 3 hour classes. All the class kits and supplies were provided as well as the Bernina machine. Friday morning I made a small bag using the Bernina 1150 MDA overlocker. The bag was constructed entirely with the overlocker.
Front  of bagBack of bag


Friday afternoon I learned curved piecing while piecing blocks for a table runner.

Saturday morning, I made a large project bag.
Project bag


The last class was machine embroidery taught by Claudia Dinnell. Claudia was a fabulous teacher and I really learned some great new machine embroidery techniques. The class project was a double eyeglass case which is almost finished, I just have to sew on the binding.

Double Eyeglass Case by Claudia’s Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment