Friday, July 7, 2017

Solstice Dream - Burst

I finished the fourth block for Solstice Dream quilt. The block size is 6" finished.
Solstice Dream Burst
The center stem is stitched with Shimmer Floss using a Palestrina knot stitch. The horizontal stitch of the Palestrina extends the full width of the 1/4" stem which gives the stitch a different look.

I am stitching on too many large wool projects at the same time, so I am not sure when I will start stitching the fifth block of Solstice Dream. Most of the blocks are 6", the stitching is not as intense as stitching on Fresh Cut, Sue Spargo 2017 BOM, so I do find stitching on Solstice Dream a pleasant break between my Sue Spargo projects.

3 comments:

  1. Phyl, I am going very slowly working on my very first Sue Spargo BOM. Just had to say that I was very glad (relieved?) to read that you, who I regard as an experienced wool embellisher, describing Sue's Fresh Cut stitches as intense... So much to learn...
    I'm still working on January!!
    ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the faith. Slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race.

    ReplyDelete