Sunday, June 12, 2016

VW - Tootin' Along

I know better, I should never look at Sue Spargo's web site on Friday afternoon. Every Friday afternoon, Sue sends out her newsletter and she always seems to showcase a new patterns, fabrics or threads. A few weeks ago, Sue published a new pattern called Tootin' Along and of course I loved the quilt as did Marcie.
tootin along quilt


I immediately decided to change the generic blue cars to VW Bugs since I have long been a VW bug aficionado! Today, I drew a VW bug and decided I really should test the design before going ahead with appliquéing the VW bugs to the quilt. This block is about 4" by 6".
VW test
Today, I also prepared the background for my quilt. I decided to use a cotton fabric instead of wool for my road. There is about 120" of road that I must appliqué before I can start preparing all the wool VW, houses and trees. The finished quilt will be about 24" by 37".
Background Tootin' Along

2 comments:

  1. *Very* cute, and I love your idea of using VW Bugs! But won't your current car feel left out? Maybe one of the cars should be a Lexus? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilt is for Marcie who also is a VW bug aficionado and currently drives a VW bug. I have my VW quilt called Phyl's Neighborhood http://www.sewquilt.me/Quilts/page20/page10/
    I guess this quilt will be named Marcie's Neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete