Monday, March 9, 2015

Strolling at Lake Havasu

Last week, I finished paper piecing all the Gambel quail, well almost finished. 10:30 pm last Thursday night, I realized I did not have enough of one batik to finish the male quail block. I need a strip 2" by 11". Luckily, my quilting buddy, Sandy had a small piece left from her kit and was kind enough to mail me the fabric I needed. Today I was able to finish the male quail block, piece the blocks together and add some borders. Although there were many tiny pieces, I actually found piecing the quail easier than I expected. The top is about 16 1/2" by 37". Tomorrow, I will be taking the quilt to Jessica Jones Gamez for machine quilting.
Strolling at Lake Havasu

2 comments:

  1. It looks *so* good, Phyl! I know you'll love this as much as I do mine, now that the fabric glitch has been solved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the lake breeze!! Superb craftsmanship, Phyl!!

    ReplyDelete