Sunday, October 19, 2014

Kaleidoscope blocks

Saturday, I want to a kaleidoscope clinic at Quitz, a local quilt store. In 2007, I had took a class with Bethany Reynolds, but I need a refresher on the stack and whack technique. I purchased the Arizona centennial fabric in 2011 with the intention of making kaleidoscope blocks from the fabric. Saturday, using the Stack-n-Whack 45 degree Triangle tool, I cut out wedges from the Arizona centennial fabric. Today, I began sewing the wedges into kaleidoscope blocks. I was able to sew 20 of the 24 blocks I wanted for the quilt. I pinned the blocks on some black fabric that I think I will be using for the sashing and borders for the quilt.
This is a picture of the completed blocks a small piece of the centennial fabric.

Arizona Kaleidoscope blocks and fabric

2 comments:

  1. Phyl....this is incredible!! Candidly...when I read that you used the Centennial fabric, I never anticipated that it would look so totally GREAT!!! It is both muted and MAGNIFICENT. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. The Arizona Centennial fabric is very nice but hard to know what to make with it.

    ReplyDelete