Monday, August 11, 2014

Mixed Mutts appliqué

I just got back from Henderson Nevada, I spent a few days with my quilting buddy. We decided to work on an embroidery machine appliqué project from the pattern Mixed Mutts. 10 dog are available in the pattern but I decided to do just 3 of the adorable dogs. I chose a poodle, a schnauzer and a golden retriever in honor of the breeds of dogs I have owned. My web page Waiting at the Bridge has pictures of my dearly departed dogs, you can also click on web pages for Katie and Molly my standard poodles. The pattern also includes embroidered designs for woof and paw prints which I will embroider as filler blocks after I decide the placement the 3 dog appliqué blocks on the quilt. You can see the 3 dog blocks Sandy made at http://sandywf.blogspot.com
Poodle appliqueSchnauzer appliquéGolden retriever applique

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I can almost hear them barking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun to do with you, Phyl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable, Phyl! What are you planning to do with the blocks? A whoke quilt, or something smaller? Are there any rotties for me in this pattern?

    ReplyDelete