Thursday, July 17, 2014

African Tulip tote

I finished the African tulip tote today. The African Tulip tote was designed by Sue Spargo and is 21" wide, 16" in length and 5" deep. The embellished wool appliqué front gave me a chance to learn some new embellishing stitches and to use some different embellishing threads. Valdani pearl cotton, Thread Gathers silken pearl, silken chenille, and sea grass are some of the embellishing threads I used. Sue's pattern was constructed using batting but I decided to use Soft and Stable to give the tote more body. I also wanted a zipper closure and I used instructions from a by annie tote pattern.
African tulip tote

3 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on that tote, Phyl! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, really enjoyed making this tote although sewing on the leather handles was not easy.

    ReplyDelete