Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas tree

It is that time of year, time to unpack all the Christmas decoration. I put up my tree on the day after Thanksgiving and have been busy putting up over 400 ornaments. I have a 9 foot tree and really struggle to get all my ornaments hung. I began collecting and making Christmas ornaments in 1969. I have 33 years of Hallmark Frosty Friends ornaments, who would have guess that Hallmark would continue that series. There are needlepoint, crewel, counted cross stitch, felt, and wool appliqué, and bread dough/femo ornaments made by myself, Lucie, my mother and other crafters. I hang my ornaments and reflect on Christmases past and family no longer with me. Each ornament has some special meaning.
Christmas teee at night Christmas tree
Christmas stocking are hung on the fireplace place, no easy task since I removed the mantle during the remodel.
Hanging Christmas stockings
Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season.

1 comment: