Friday, September 20, 2013

Construction has begun

I have been thinking of redoing the flooring in my great room and master bedroom. The thought of doing such a huge space has always caused me to rethink the idea. In August, I was referred by a friend to Diane Drummond of Moon Valley Interiors and so the snowball started down the mountain. I think today is officially day one of my 2013 remodel experience. I survived and so did the girls. These last 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of decision making but I think that most the decisions have been. Now it is time to watch my home be transformed through the extraordinary efforts of Diane Drummond and my talented team of contractors.
Today, the electricians began cutting the existing ceiling to install can lights and ceiling fan.
Remodel ceiling

Katie inspecting the work and Katie and Molly playing after being restricted from some of the house for most of the day.
Remodel Katie inspectingRemodel Katie and Molly playing

Monday, the removal of all the tile and carpet begins. My plan is to keep you posted on the construction process.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! But it is great to be able to watch the progress. You'll love the results, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemme guess, Molly is the one on two legs... looks like she interrupted Katie's inspection, lol. I think that its going to look incredible when its done and the girls will love sharing their room as long still watch the front yard for those pesky dragons. :), marcie

    ReplyDelete