Sunday, August 11, 2013

Madeline Island School for the Arts

I just returned from a fabulous week at Madeline Island School of the Arts in La Pointe, Wisconsin.
Five days with
Sue Spargo exploring Contemporary Folk Art: Small Embellishment Studies. Sue is absolutely inspiring and generously shares her knowledge of wool appliqué embellishment.

MISA group
I really got a good start on my Tree of Life, but there is still a lot of embellishing to complete. The tree, approximately 14" by 18", is appliquéd on silk Matka. My plan is to use my Dad's, John ( my brother-in-law) and Uncle Henry's silk ties, wool from John's sports coat, vintage silk which was purchased when my parents traveled to Japan in 1962 plus velvets from clothes sewn by Lucie and myself.

Tree of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment